A New Generation of Believers
At King of Glory, we have a collective heart that desires to pass on the Faith to the next generation and obey the call to “GO and make disciples”!
Through worship, social fellowship and biblical studies, we seek to create opportunities for conversation about God and how He is at work in our lives. Our desire is to encourage our youth to walk in a personal relationship with God on a daily basis. We do this by investing in their lives through mentoring and discipleship. Come see what God is doing!
Learn more about our Spring & Summer programs, including our Summer Registration Kick-Off Event.
Check out our Spring & Summer 2022 flyer
Welcome to the Lord’s Table | We are excited to invite youth in grades 4+ to our Welcome to the Lord’s Table class to prepare them to participate in the sacrament of Holy Communion. As we share during our services, Holy Communion is offered to all who are wanting to participate. This program is a celebration of youth who are ready to better understand and engage in Holy Communion at King of Glory.
Session Details | All sessions begin with a dinner at 6pm with class from 6:30-8pm in the KOG Crossover Room.
- Week 1: Youth will learn about sacraments, with focus on baptism and Holy Communion. Each student and adult will get the opportunity to share about their own baptism experiences.
- Week 2: Youth will receive a engaging lesson on the history of Passover and how it relates to the Lord’s Supper, making the connection between Old Testament and New Testament events.
- Week 3: Youth will dive into the practice of Holy Communion, and learn how it can be celebrated differently across different churches. We’ll also practice what their 1st Communion celebration will look like at King of Glory, and create their Holy Communion candle.
- Week 4: This fun evening will allow youth to prepare and participate in the Seder Meal, while learning the significance and meaning of this feast.
- Maundy Thursday, April 6, 2023: Maundy Thursday will be the youth’s opportunity to celebrate their completion of the Welcome to the Lord’s Table classes with their First Communion during the evening service at 7pm. Youth are encouraged to invite family, friends, neighbors, and baptismal sponsors to the service celebration with a dessert reception to follow. (Youth arrive at 6:30pm for final practice and preparation.)
Crossover | The goal of the Crossover Program is to help 5th & 6th graders better know the living God and see His plan of salvation for us through a study of the Old Testament one year and the New Testament the next year. These classes are meant to be a meaningful time in their faith journey. 5th and 6th graders are invited to attend Welcome to the Lord’s Table classes, which prepare them to receive their 1st Communion on Maundy Thursday.
Crossover meets most Sundays from 9am to 9:50am from August-May, and aligns with local school calendar breaks.
*Virtual option offered
L.O.F.T. Hours | KOG is excited to offer a new space just for youth. L.O.F.T. (Living Our Faith Together) hours provides opportunities for youth to connect, gather, play games, get homework support, engage in fellowship, worship, pray and serve in a supervised environment by KOG staff and volunteers.
LOFT Hours: *Subject to change, view updated calendar for most accurate LOFT Hours
- Resuming in August
Connect | Youth in grades 5th-8th are invited to experience a fun and safe program where they can unite in worship, learn from scripture, encounter God, build deep friendships, learn to live out authentic Christ-filled lives, and take ownership of their walk with Jesus.
- May 20 | 6pm
- June 10 & 24 | 6pm